Actim CRP rapid test - 20 tests
CRP measurement combined with careful clinical assessment is a valuable tool for estimating whether a bacterial or viral infection is present. Actim CRP rapid test helps you reach the right conclusions on the spot.
Actim CRP rapid test helps you determine quickly whether the infection is viral or bacterial - so you can start the proper medical treatment at point of care.
CRP - C-reactive protein
- Acute-phase protein produced rapidly in response to inflammation, infection and tissue damage
- Can be used to differentiate bacterial infections from viral infections - CRP concentration rises higher in bacterial infections
- Levels elevate quickly (within hours) if an infection is present and reach a peak in 48 hours
Rapid test for rapid treatment
- Actim CRP rapid bedside test gives all the relevant information that is needed from a CRP test:
is there a need for antibiotics?
- Treating unnecessarily viral infections with antibiotics can be avoided - antibiotics are and should be prescribed only to the patients with bacterial infections
- Proper medical treatment can be started already at point of care
Actim CRP test
- Semiquantitative bedside test for CRP
- Rapid dipstick test based on monoclonal antibodies highly specific to CRP
- Wide measurement range covers all clinically relevant CRP levels
- Three different detection limits: 10 mg/l, 40 mg/l and >80 mg/l
Actim CRP test - Quick and convenient
- Easy test procedure - can be used by all medical staff
- Results ready at 5 minutes without any instrumentation
- Individually packed test pouches - no need to take the whole kit to testing site
- Tests can be stored at room temparature - easy to take along to outpatient visits
Actim CRP test - Effective outpatient care
- Urgent decisions and proper medical treatment can be made on the spot
- Specially beneficial when laboratory services are not available or are closed:
schools, nursing homes, workplaces, prisons, military camps etc.
- Immediate CRP results are also needed in emergercy rooms and intensive care units
Actim CRP test - Only a small drop of blood is needed
- Requires only a 10 µl whole blood sample - can be collected from the fingertip
- Especially convenient with children who are ofter afraid of blood tests